Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Veterans Day, A Day That is Celebrated by Civilians and A Reminder to Me, I Could Be Retired or Maybe Dead by Now.


My job has black-out days, and Veterans Day is one those days you cannot take off, unless it's one of your normal two days off per week. Civilians benefit more from Veterans Day than veterans, but it's really no big deal, just interesting to me.

As a veteran I'm required to work on Veterans Day at my place of employment. With all said and done, I wish I'd stayed in the U.S. Army. In 20 years I could have retired. I could have been financially secure for life since 2003, with full medical and dental benefits, now I'm just another modern day pauper with a bleak financial future.

With all that said and done, life goes on, and laughter keeps me adrift as I perpetually shift through the sands of uncertainty. As much I despise war, military is very necessary. The number of weapons and troops nations posses is a bit much, but the military is a fantastic outlet right out of high school or college.

The military taught me how not to be a slob. I learned quickly from the Army, that no matter what you do during any given day, especially if it's your Saturday, whatever you do, get dressed and clean your dwelling place.

Sad indeed, more than 6,880 U.S. soldiers have been killed in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars since 2003. http://icasualties.org/.  Since the men who hold high places will never advocate for positive change, war is here to stay, tragic for the too many wounded and killed in the battles of war. Outside the combat zone, the military is a great place to start adulthood.  

No comments:

Post a Comment