Friday, October 22, 2021

British Bonkers & Beauty


 

“My Wife’s Lodger” may not be a coveted classic, but this 1952 British film censored itself for the mainstream release, or so it’s advertised on the opening credits of the movie.

Diana Dors shows off her sass and class in this comedy about a father forced to accept the fact his baby girl is grown up now and ready to date.




An above average performance by the actors. Dominic Roche did a fantastic job portraying Willie Higginbotham, the father of Eunice Higginbotham. (Dors) The father drinking heavily with one of his daughters’ potential suitors makes me laugh out loud every time I watch it.

The sound and picture quality are extremely clear, and I completely understood why Diana Dors was such a popular box office draw. All the pictures in this review of from the actual movie. A very pleasant addition to my DVD ditties.

No comments:

Post a Comment